Designed for participants who have little or no accounting knowledge
This class is equally applicable to those who are new to xTuple or current xTuple users who want to bolster their knowledge of both basic accounting principles and fundamental configuration and operation of core xTuple accounting functionality.
Day One, 9:00 AM — 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM — 4:00 PM
Note — This training meets 2 times. You are expected to attend both sessions. Eastern Time (GMT-05:00-US & Canada)
- What is accounting?
- Why is accounting important?
- Why is accounting important in ERP?
- Who is involved in the accounting process in an integrated business?
- What are the basic account types?
- What is a debit and a credit?
- What are the debits and credits throughout the entire order to cash flow process?
- What is a trial balance and how is it derived?
- What is the purpose of the different financial statements?
- Where does activity post and how is it reported?
- Other concepts such as
- Costing, Standard, Average and Job Cost
- Manufacturing Accounting
- Specifically for xTuple
- What is the core setup?
- How are accounting periods defined?
- How are general ledger accounts created?
- What are the ways to post journal entries?
- What are the basics of general ledger account mappings?
- How is a payable processed from voucher to check?
- How is a receivable processed from invoice to cash receipt?
- How are financial reports generated?
- Group-live online
- This class has been reviewed by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy
- Qualified attendees are eligible to receive 6 CPE credit hours
- In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits have been granted based on a 50-minute hour
Field of Study
- Specialized Knowledge and Applications