Details on xTupleCon 2013 held in Norfolk, Virginia
HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS: Special rates for room and valet parking have been negotiated at the conference hotel for a limited time.
Courtyard by Marriott Norfolk Downtown - 520 E. Plume Street, Norfolk, Virginia 23510, 1-757-963-6000
- Via phone, mention "xTupleCon" for discount in our room block until sold out
- Online booking, One King Bed at $109 per night
- Online booking, Two Queen Beds at $109 per night
Travel options to Norfolk abound, and the conference hotel is within walking distance of our address at 119 W. York Street-118 W. Bute Street, Norfolk, VA 23510. Please make your own transportation and hotel arrangements.
EVENT REGISTRATION: Covers two-and-one-half days of valuable event-exclusive training, awards and prizes, daily continental breakfast and lunch, special VIP event at xTuple headquarters on Friday night, and more.
DIRECTIONS & TRAVEL: If you fly, the best airport choice is Norfolk International Airport (ORF), approximately 15-20 minutes from downtown Norfolk, the heart of the Virginia waterfront. Several major air carriers are available. Another option is Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport (PHF), approximately 45 minutes to an hour away. Get Here By Land, By Sea and By Train
PUBLIC TRANSIT: Rental Cars are unnecessary in downtown Norfolk. Walking and public transit are easy to access. Light rail transportation is available in downtown Norfolk where you can Ride the Tide. Visit GoHRT.com or call 1-757-222-6100.
F.R.E.D. (Free Ride Every Day): On demand courtesy shuttle available in downtown Norfolk at no cost by calling 1-757-478-7233.
TAXI SERVICE: No matter where you are, there is a taxi stand nearby. And don't worry about parking charges. If you are parked in a city facility, just save your cab receipt. Show it to the attendant when you exit the garage. If you retrieve your car within 24 hours you will be charged no more than the maximum daily rate for that facility. Go to the nearest taxi stand and Catch a Ride. Or call for a taxi.
PARKING: Limited on-street, metered parking and close walking distance from these city garages. (Note: no xTuple HQ parking lot available during regular business hours)
- 215 W. York Street (corner of Bute and Boush, entrances on York and Bute)
- 161 Freemason Street (corner of Boush and Freemason, entrance on Freemason)
- Wells Fargo Center (corner of E. Freemason and Bank, entrances on each)
- 201 Brambleton Avenue @Scope (corner of St. Paul's and Brambleton, entrance on St. Paul's)
- 500 City Hall Avenue @MacArthur Mall (entrances on Market and City Hall)
If you prefer, the Virginia Beach resort area is nearby, only a 40-minute drive. Or consider the 15-minute ferry trip from the Norfolk Waterside to historical downtown Portsmouth:
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel & Waterfront Conference Center - 1-757-673-3000
Important: Please bring a laptop (Windows, Linux or Mac) with wireless network connectivity.