We are looking for a Drupal Developer responsible for front-end development and theming. This position requires a combination of programming skills (PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, etc.) and aesthetics (understanding element arrangements on the screen, the color and font choices, and so on). The best candidates have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Experience with responsive design is strongly preferred. In addition, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with some back-end knowledge, is preferred. Drupal Developers interested in growing into a back-end/module development position are encouraged to apply.
Employment type — Full time (not Contractual) or Intern-to-hire
Telecommute — U.S. Headquarters
Responsible for helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme. Work closely with marketing team to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation for all xTuple web properties. May be responsible for building new features, adding modules and extending functionality. In some cases, will work with back-end developers to implement custom features or modules.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Extremely fluent with HTML5/XHTML and CSS
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes to have consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of PHP, PHP files and theme functions, and knowledge of the Drupal theme layer
- Advanced site-building experience including deep familiarity with Drupal modules such as CTools, Views, and Panels is preferred
- Experience creating custom Drupal modules is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other technical discipline is preferred
- If no degree in a technical discipline, at least 2 years of hands-on experience building sites with Drupal including tasks listed above
Position reports to Development Department