Do you like being part of a team and enjoy working with other smart engineers? Prefer to not just "do work," but also teach others and explain the “why”? Are you open to good ideas, wherever they come from? Do you like to ask questions and roll up your sleeves, conquer problems and create solutions?
The goal of DevOps in enterprise software companies, such as xTuple, is to better communicate and collaborate between these two business units. Currently, there's no formal career track for becoming a DevOps engineer. You're either a developer who gets interested in deployment and network operations, or a sysadmin with a passion for scripting and coding, and move into the development side to improve the planning of test and deployment.
Employment type — Full time (not Contractual)
Position Location — U.S. Headquarters
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with PostgreSQL (MySQL is ok too)
- Experience with either AWS — ec2, s3, route53
- Experience with infrastructure automation, infrastructure as code, automated application deployment
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with git
- Experience with LAN/WAN Networking and associated devices
- Experience with Postfix, Dovecot, LDAP
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to identify and understand complex issues and develop effective solutions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent relevant work experience in DevOps
Position reports to director of operations with cross-department involvement.