Open source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) remains among the most active in Business category
xTuple again has the honor of being named SourceForge "Project of the Month," placing its free and open source version of PostBooks® tops among the over 500,000 applications available for download from the largest, most trusted online resource for Open Source Software (OSS) discovery and development.
"We would like to thank everyone for the contributions that make xTuple the greatest open source ERP project," said xTuple CEO Ned Lilly. "Between the thousands of weekly downloads and tens of thousands of small and mid-sized companies using the ERP+CRM suite in production worldwide, we're gaining traction in the ERP marketplace, competing with and winning new customers against large, proprietary vendors."
PostBooks® fans are active users of xTuple's Forums where response times for community support are better than most software companies.
The SourceForge distinction comes during the 20th Anniversary of the 1988 creation and adoption of the “open source” label by a group of technology strategists in Palo Alto, California. That same year, the Open Source Initiative (OSI) was founded as a global non-profit to protect and promote open source software, development and communities, and to address any negative connotations of "free" software perceived in the business world at the time.
xTuple PostBooks® was also honored in 2013, voted by the Open Source community as SourceForge Project of the Month.
In addition to xTuple, the following projects were featured:
- Programming Without Coding Technology (PWCT), a general-purpose visual programming language designed for novice and expert programmers to create software without writing a single line of code. PWCT on SourceForge
- Free Manga Downloader (FMD), an application written in Object-Pascal for managing and downloading manga from various websites. FMD on SourceForge
- Cyberfox, a Mozilla-based Internet browser designed to take advantage of 64-bit architecture. Cyberfox on SourceForge
- Bluestar Linux is an Arch Linux-based distribution, which can be installed permanently as a fully configurable operating system on a laptop or desktop, or it can be run as a live installer and supports the addition of persistent storage for those who choose not to perform a permanent installation. Bluestar Linux on SourceForge
- FlightGear Flight Simulator, a multiplatform desktop flight simulator for enthusiasts, research in universities, and interactive exhibits in museums. FlightGear Flight Simulator on SourceForge
- PMD, a source code analyzer used to find common programming flaws. PMD on SourceForge
xTuple PostBooks® featured as best of #opensource #ERP on @SourceForge | LINK
PostBooks® #opensource #ERP again named "Project of the Week" on @SourceForge | LINK
Greatest hits leads #opensource #ERP to @SourceForge stardom #postbooks | LINK
#Opensource #ERP remains among the most active @SourceForge projects | LINK
#postbooks #potw #FOSS #ENSW #ERP #CRM #manufacturing #distribution #eCommerce #opensource #B2B
SourceForge is a community collaboration resource for open source software development and distribution featuring over 500,000 projects with millions of downloads per day and millions of registered users. IT professionals use SourceForge to develop, download, review, and publish open source software. SourceForge is the largest, most trusted destination for Open Source Software discovery and development.
About xTuple — Open Source ERP+CRM+Web Portal
Featured in the award-winning nationally televised series “Innovations with Ed Begley, Jr.” — exploring the latest breakthroughs in sustainable technology and manufacturing solutions. Watch the TV Episode.
Award-winning xTuple is the leading commercial open source suite of enterprise resource planning (ERP) software with integrated CRM for Manufacturing and Distribution companies who need control over operations and profitability. Includes all critical supply chain functions in one modular system: accounting, sales, customer and supplier management, inventory control, manufacturing and distribution. Manufacturers: make-to-order, make-to-stock, mixed-mode. Distributors: electrical, HVAC, plumbing, industrial and consumer wholesale distribution. Available with real-time eCommerce / Sales & Service Customer Web Portal.
xTuple is powerful tools to Grow Your World®. Discrete pieces of the system, called ERPlets™, may be utilized separately, without implementing the entire ERP system. xTuple gives customers the ability to tailor solutions with multi-platform support for Windows, Mac, Linux and mobile as well as flexible licensing and pricing options.