The milestone 4.0 release of xTuple ERP is the product of a long release cycle in which over 400 enhancements were made — including the first ever Mobile Web client, optimized for a multi-tenant Cloud hosting environment. Many thanks to all in the community who have helped make this release possible.
See below for more information about new features and bug fixes now available in xTuple ERP 4.0.
Here's an overview of notable new 4.0 features:
Mobile Web client
- CRM features available on tablets, phones, and web browsers
- Inter-operable with xTuple Desktop client
- Optimized for multi-tenant Cloud hosting environment
- See the press release
- Integrated intra-company Instant Messaging
Enhanced Job Costing functionality
- Automatic issue of Purchased Items to Work Orders
- Job Costing for child Work Orders
Log in changes
- SSL encryption now the default mode for log in
Multiple Project updates
- Ability to copy Projects
- And more...
System adminstrators and other implementers should also be aware that the database views and script toolbox methods we warned you were going to be removed have been restored and will continue to be available in the 4.0 Final release — as they were in 3.8.x and prior. This means your custom scripts and reports do not need to be revised to match the new method.
Information about compatibility issues related to this software version can be found on the xTuple Compatibility Matrix.